Tuesday, July 14, 2015

comment from a friend

This came in by email from a reader and I thought it was insightful.......

I was thinking, last night, about your “tag line” – It’s a beautiful day in God’s world – be sure to see the good.  You said in one of your blogs a while back that some people aren’t really happy with that line.  Well – I LOVE it…  here is how I look at it…

There may be problems in my life – I may have worries – but I need to remember to look for the good…  Maybe it will be a beautiful sunset – or the smile of a friend – but even in our darkest hours – we’ll be happier if we look for the good…

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world – because GOD is IN the world – helping us – strengthening us and surrounding us with his love.  Sometimes the world may seem ugly – but God is still there – you just have to remember to look…

If I’m really upset or worried – I may drive along and completely miss the beauty of nature –

If I’m really focused on MY problems – I may totally miss the smile or support from a friend or family member…

And if I’m filled with negativity – I actually INCREASE the negativity in my life –

It may be storming in my city – but in other parts of the world – the sun is shining – the grass is growing – the wind is blowing – and the ocean waves are moving along.  The world is beautiful.  But we sometimes forget to see it.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: