Sunday, July 19, 2015

baseball or football

The baseball season is half over.  I am always sad when the season ends.

Someone asked me the other day which I liked better, baseball or football.  Well when I was younger, I liked football better.  I loved watching it and I loved playing it.  I was actually a better football player than I ever was a baseball or softball player.

Today, things are different.  I still like football, but I love baseball season and I dread football season.  Why you might ask?

Remember, this life is all about me, right?

I can go to baseball games with my friends.  I cannot go to football games because they are on Sundays.  Even if it is a 3pm game, by the time I get there, I have missed most of the fun.

The other thing is this - baseball still respects Sunday church time.  The games don't start until 1:10 and no one tailgates before.  Football games start at noon and although we have an 8am service, very few members who are going to the game will attend at 8am.  So since I love the church and I am invested in the success of the church, I tend to see football as a competitor.

Now you know that I don't believe in guilt.  T
hose of you who are fortunate enough to go to the games, keep going, of course!  But, please remember that we do have an 8am service and you can wear your Chiefs gear to church anytime you want.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: