Tuesday, July 21, 2015

procrastination

Don't put off until tomorrow what you need to do today.  A stitch in time, saves nine. 

Christopher Parker said, "procrastination is like a credit card.  It is a lot of fun until you get the bill."

I don't just believe in work hard, play hard.  In fact I am not sure I believe in that at all.  I would say however, work really hard and be sure to play as well. 

But I definitely do believe in work first, play second.  If a person will not do this, they will find nothing but pain in life as they continue to create situations of pressure and never actually get to find the enjoyment of life.

This is the true joy in life.  To work hard.  To bust it.  To get after it.  And then, after the work is done, to sit and enjoy.  To rest and celebrate.  Do your chores first, then go sit on the porch.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were raised well Jeff. Even though some parts of your upbringing still leave pangs of wishing your home environment had been more demonstratively loving, your parents did such a good job with you. This lesson on self discipline and the honor is taking care of work and responsibilities has lasted you for all this time and will continue.

Sometimes parents teach their children more with their lives than with words.

Work is a blessing.

Unknown said...

Jeff, I am new to your blogs since Course of Study. I love, love, love your postings. I look forward to them each morning, they are inspiration to start my day and affirmation that there is spot on theology that exists in the world. Thank you for sharing your truth.