Thursday, July 16, 2015

wait your turn

The other day I stopped at Subway for a breakfast sandwich.  Mmmmm tasty.

An older woman got in line behind me and I made my way down the fixins line.  Arriving at the cashier, I was negotiating my payment, when a loud, older gentleman came in and started talking to the only employee there, who was helping me at the time.

He came right up behind me and talked right around me and through me.  He wanted a cup of coffee.  I found his behavior annoying...... and it is all about me, right?

I finished paying and took my time leaving the cashier area.  The cashier asked if I was ok.  Yes I said I was ok, but that lady in line over there is next.  Then I left.

I don't know if the employee helped the woman in line who had waited patiently or the man who was insistent on his coffee.  But please friends, get in line!  Wait your turn.  Your transaction may be small but wait your turn!  Would we cut in line at the grocery store in front of others simply because we wanted change for a $20.

Respecting others is so very important in this life.
And no, it is not about me.  That is why we wait in line.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: