Monday, July 13, 2015

time to laugh

Ok, so I have grown fond of these bottles of carbonated water. 1 liter, berry flavor.   Jonnie Wells won't let me drink diet coke anymore, so I found these.  $.68 for a one liter bottle at Walmart.  HyVee has them too - look for the helpful smile in every isle if you get lost.

So I am in Walmart the other day and I buy 5 of these.  I had a cart, but guess what, the wheel was bumpy and noisy, so I ditched it.  But I did learn that five bottles is about all I can carry.  They are sliding in and out of my control.  Then the unthinkable happens.  One of them leaves the safety of my arm cradle and makes the floor.

Let's be clear about what happens next.  If you drop one of these just right, the top will in fact pop off and the carbonation will detonate. Think of mentos in a diet coke.  Explosion!   That bottle of water hit the floor in Walmart and shot about 25 feet across the floor, leaving a stream of water behind.

I was shocked.  I was surprised.  I was embarrassed.   I had to wait for an employee to come by so I could ask them to get a mop.  I stood guard.  I kept telling customers - go the other way, there is water on the floor.  I said to one guy - it wasn't me, it was the one armed man.

Next time, I am going to hold on to them tighter or just get a cart.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can count on Wally World to have the "deals" Where else can you get a bath and beverage for only 68 cents? People will be lining up for this.