Thursday, September 10, 2015

it's a thing of the heart

I have a friend that is very very smart.  Sometimes I am around people and I can tell that they are in another league mentally from me.  Actually most people probably are, but this person is quite brilliant.

A few weeks ago she said something to me that settled in, it was like I had been thinking things like this but she just said it so well.  She said something like, "so I am seeing that faith, this Christian thing, is rooted in the heart, it springs from the heart, it is lived from the heart."

I loved it.  You know, outward action is great, and it is needed.  But if it does not spring from a right heart, then it is just good works.  Faith begins in the heart.  The psalmist prayed in Psalm 51 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me."

How is your heart?  It is never too late to change the course of your life, and it all begins with decisions of the heart.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: