Friday, September 25, 2015

Nicaragua

Victorino is the vice president of the village of Los Pinos. I went to visit him in his home on our last trip and he was not there. I had a nice talk with his wife. Through a translator, he sent this note to me:

To Pastor Jeff, the pastor of the group that always visits the community of Los Pinos, San Ramon.
From Victorino Barrera, Vice Coordinator of the Los Pinos Committee for Rainbow Network

My wife told me that you came looking for me at our house and did not find me. It was a surprise when I heard the news. I was looking forward to talking with you because my heart feels a great friendship with you and the others from your brigades that come from the US to work here.
Victorino in striped shirt

I send thousands of greetings and hugs to you, your family and the brigades that come with you. May God bless you and your church and may you all receive many blessings from the Almighty God. I will be waiting here in my country, in my municipality of San Ramon. We will be waiting for everyone with open arms and we hope that you will come visit my family in our little home like always. Amen. Glory to God.

It is so nice to make friends, and so valuable to make friends in a poor village so very far away. I will look forward to visiting him again in the future.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: