Saturday, September 12, 2015

this too shall pass

I was searching for something on my computer the other day and I ran across an email that was about ten years old.  In the email, there was a very pointed back and forth between me and another person.  At the time, I would have told you that the relationship would never recover.  I would have told you that it would be a miracle if the relationship ever recovered.  Ever.

All that is water under the bridge today.  This too shall pass.   The river of forgetfulness has washed it all down stream.

Thanks to a general belief that the other person was a good person [on both sides] the relationship has been restored.  The posturing is over and the anger has all been forgotten.  It took time of course, but I am so glad that we still have each other.

I tell you this to remind you that we don't have to hold onto a thing forever.  Things that are really broken today can get repaired.  God can do amazing things if we let him in and give him some time.  It doesn't have to be over.  Give that person some time.  Who knows where this all may shake out in ten years.

Weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: