Tuesday, September 15, 2015

softball

My mom was a softball player when she was in high school.  My Aunt Jewell Wagner was the pitcher and my mom was the catcher.  I remember as a child playing baseball in the neighborhood with her mask, glove and chest protector.

My cousin Rob Wagner came across these photos of my mom and his mom and sent them to us.




In the top photo which I guess is a club team or it might be the Kirkwood High School team, my mom is the smiling one on the right end of the second row.  My Aunt is on the back row, third from the left.  In the second picture, my mom is on the back row next to the coach and Aunt Jewel is two to her left.  This second picture is their church team... church softball, how about that!  L for Lutheran!  What fun.  And I guess that the church couldn't afford as nice of uniforms as the club or school team.

So, I have to tell you that my heart is so full of joy looking at these pictures.  To see my mom so young and so happy!  How exciting.  I may blow them up and have them framed!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun. With one click on your blog page it enlarges the photos where we can really see your mom and the others. Your mom was a pretty lady. Glad you can enjoy these.