Friday, February 16, 2018

God has a plan


We have heard it said, and we have probably said it ourselves.
God has a plan.

We believe that God has a plan because it is scriptural.
We often quote Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

We also like to believe that God has a plan, because it reassures us that things are under control. If God does not have a plan then oh my what a mess we may be in.

Sure I believe that God has plans and dreams for our lives, but I do not believe that it is all choreographed. The bible teaches that we have freewill. I don't believe that our freewill is limited to doing God's will or own own. I think that there are many choices in life that we make that are simply our choice. I think that God loves to watch his children live and make good choices.  

What town will you live in?  What house will you buy?  What doctor will you see?  Probably more based on your choices than God's plan.  And the moment we blame God's plan for our purchase of an expensive house or car, then we are way out of line.

If all we do it try to fall into "God's plan" then we have not taken any responsibility for our lives. Yes God wants us to listen to him, but he also wants us to live.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com






I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: