Monday, February 19, 2018

speaking of a shelf

So what do retired people do with their time?  What do people who are partly retired do with their time? 

One day I soaked all 22 of my paint brushes and got them all nice and smooth and clean.  New like when they were babies.

One day a few weeks ago, I decided to build a shelf.  I was cleaning out the attic and I found some 6" baseboard.  It occurred to me that it would make a great shelf and I had just the place for it.  There is this window outside where we stack things.  I could build a shelf and make it a little nicer.  I would get to use some of my neglected tools. 😃

Here is the project start to finish.  Making this shelf made me happy.  Every now and then we should do things that make us happy.  Not every moment in life needs to be defined by duty and obligation.    It's ok to do something just because it makes you happy. 

This window needs a shelf

close up of window sill


happy time with tools on tailgate

bringing out the big dogs
finished product

in use!  

Sometimes it is the small simple things of life that make us happy!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: