Wednesday, February 21, 2018

New Job

My daughter landed a new job.
big raise, signing bonus, company car.  Party time!!!  So exciting.

I called her up.  I gave her my dad voice.  "I'm coming over to sit at your table and we are going to have a daddy daughter conversation."  That made her nervous.  She wanted to know what it was about.  I told her that I would tell her when I got there.  That made her more nervous.

I arrived at her house.  She was standing in the doorway waiting.  We went quietly to her dining room table and my speech began.

5 points
1.  Congratulations on your new job!
2.  It is time to get out of debt.  Anyone who make this much should not carry any debt.
3.  It is time to save.  You must save some of this for retirement.  It will be here before you know it.
4.  It is time to give.  You should give some of this away.  Maybe to a church, maybe to the humane society, but give to something.  Give back.  Recognize that you have been blessed and give back.
5.  If your parents run out of money, you are our retirement plan.

We had a good laugh!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com







I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: