Wednesday, February 14, 2018

pain-t


When I was young I did not like to paint.  Over the years I have grown a taste for it.  I love cutting in straight lines.  I love cleaning up and correcting sloppy painting done by previous well meaning painters.  I love to cover up stains.  I have come to like the smell of fresh paint.  A new coat of paint in some fashion makes, "all things are new."

So I began my latest painting project with much joy.  Paint the master bedroom, small hallway by the closet and the master bath.  Let me stop and say how appreciative I am that we have a bedroom, a closet and a bath with running water.  So many people in this world would love to have a bedroom that was heated and air conditioned, a closet to hang clothes in, clothes to hang in that closet and a bathroom with clean running water.

So I cut in the bedroom.  Cutting in is the hard part, the tedious part.  Rolling is the fun part.   I was getting ready to roll the walls and the boss came in.  Oops.  Wrong color.  Seems that we bought the paint six months ago and there are two taupes.  One for the bedroom walls and one for the hallway by the closet.  I got them mixed up.

Pain.  Pain-t.  Crud.  Now I have to do it all over again.  Gloom, despair, agony on me.  Deep dark depression excessive misery.

So I have to cut the bedroom in, AGAIN. 

But here is the good news.  The new taupe, the correct taupe was just a shade darker than the first one and it covered it all in one coat.

Moral of the story.... sometimes the problems that we face, seem discouraging at the time, but they are not as bad as we think and they can be overcome.  We can recover and life can go on.  Don't make your problem any bigger than it is.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: