Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Welcome to Florida


Welcome to Florida.  Warm weather, sandy beaches, palm trees, and big bugs.  Really big bugs.

This guy found his way into our garage the other night.  Harmless I am sure, but big.  BIG.  And when he flew around it was like being dived bombed by a hawk.  I dropped the ink pen into the picture to give you a sense of perspective on the size of this guy.

Sometimes the fear of a thing is much worse than the actual impact it can have on you.  A bark can be worse than the bite.

Anyway, thankfully I am somewhat prepared for big bugs in my garage.  I have the $3 electrocution-er paddle from Harbor Freight Tools.  It smoked this big bug.  Literally.

Y'all are welcome to visit anytime, but be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and bug repellent.

UPDATE.  I "killed" this bug... zapped it.  Then I sat down and wrote the blog.  I am still sitting at my computer and I hear a noise.  The bug has revived.  It has struggled over and crawled underneath the refrigerator.  Now every ten minutes I hear his horrible fluttering.  I should have zapped him longer... 😱😱😱

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com





I am leading some trips in 2018. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land via Jordan
March 5-14 2018

Wesley's Ireland
October 8-17, 2018

No comments: