Thursday, March 21, 2019

God is lying in the streets

There is a man lying on the side of the road.  Is he drunk?  Is he hurt?  There is something about this man, this person.... this is different.... I can't walk away.... I am compelled to help.

I step forward.  I kneel down.  I talk to the person.  He is wounded.  And OH MY!  It is God.

God.  Wounded alongside of the road.

In the story of the Good Samaritan we never find out who the person on the side of the road is.  The religious people walk by.  A Samaritan, an outcast, stops to help.

Let's say for conversation's sake that the person on the side of the road is God.  Broken, beaten, bleeding.

Will we walk by?  Will we stop and help?

Remember Jesus words in Mt. 25 "whatever you did to the least of these, you did it unto me."

The next time someone is in need of forgiveness, the next time someone needs a hand, the next time someone needs...... something, anything.....


Think, it is God himself, in the ditch.  What will we do?


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: