Sunday, March 10, 2019

Holy Land Day 3

We had a marvelous day today.  I keep saying that but it is true.  In fact, I am going to have to come back next year and lead another trip.  Let me know if you want to go in 2020.

Today we visited the ancient site of the city Dan.  We visited Cesarea Philippi.  We went up into the Golan Heights and we visited an olive oil factory.

The day started with a delightful hike at
the ancient City of Dan

At the City of Dan, King Jereboam built a temple to
substitute for the Jerusalem temple.  These are the ruins
of that temple.

These are mustard plants.  I thought about making
some, but I couldn't cut the mustard.

ruins of one of the gates to the city Dan

Cesarea Philippi

Lunch in a Druse village.  Humus, pickles, peppers, eggplant, 
slaw, salad, pita and falaffle

I was good with the hummus.  They added fries  for the Americans.
A hamburger would have been fine with me.

Unbelievable.  Outside of the lunch in the Druse village
we find this three story house.  Do you see
what is on the top of the house?  Look closely.

Yes there is a little tiny dog standing on the corner
of the roof.  Yikes!!!!

In the Golan Heights we saw an old Army bunker.
Mt Herman in the background. 

The bunker had a bomb shelter.  I went down
in it.  I thought about the soldiers that served there.

On top of the bunker.  Trenches and a gun emplacement.

I ran into a Mets fan.
In the Holy Land, the lion will lay down with the lamb.
We are having a wonderful time.  A trip to the Holy Land is the trip of a lifetime.
Tomorrow we are going to the Dead Sea and the mountain fortress Masada.


It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: