Tuesday, May 28, 2024

How we die

We are all going to die.

Sometimes I think about friends who have passed. One who died after a long battle with cancer.  One dear friend had a heart attack and died suddenly.  I have one friend who was mowing the grass, had a heart attack and died and they revived him saved him! He is still with us!  

I think about my parents and how they passed. My mom had cancer for six months and then died.  My dad died suddenly. In the parking lot of his favorite restaurant.

I know we don’t get a choice on how or when we go.  But personally, I’d like to have a few months advance warning.  I’d like to have a few months to see my kids and tell them thank you and tell them I love them.  I’d like to be able to see some of my friends and talk with them about the things that we did and the fun that we had and how much I loved them.  I would also want the chance to make sure everyone knew that I wasn’t afraid.  I would want them to know that I felt like I’d lived a good life and a very fortunate life compared to most.

My mom had six months to do this, but would not say goodbye.  She said that she would be healed and there was nothing to talk through.  Very sad...

And as I contemplate this topic, it occurs to me that I can tell my kids and my friends now how much I enjoy them and how much I love them.  I can tell you now how much I enjoy spending time with you.  We can reminisce now about the great times we’ve had.  I can tell them I love them.  I can say it to you!!!
I’m gonna do that.

Don't wait til the end.  It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: