Saturday, May 25, 2024

It seemed...

A break from my thoughts about hell today...

There is a good deal of insistence these days by some Christians about what is the right belief.  They seem to think that they have heard from God and that they have a non-negotiable handle on truth.

In Acts 15 the early church council is debating what guidance should be give to those who are going out to win new Christians... for example, should the new converts be circumcised?

In Acts 15 we find this statement from the council... 15:28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements...

It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us...

What a lovely and humble way they spoke about the leading of God. In my life I have heard Christians say, "God told me," "The bible says," "God said it, I believe it, and that settles it for me."

Yet the early church leaders, after prayer said, it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us. What a wonderful example of humility they showed. I wish we saw more of it in today's Christians.

You and I can be different.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: