Wednesday, May 8, 2024

TOTALLY STRESSED!!!

A couple of days ago I was totally stressed.  I needed 200 pieces of a certain product for the job that I was working on.  I placed orders at three different Lowes.  I drove to them in the terrible south Florida traffic.  One store said they had 145 pieces but when I got there, they only had three.  I want to get this material.  I do not want to let my boss down.

Then, 20 minutes down the road, I get a message thanking me for picking up my order.  Someone clicked the wrong button and my credit card was charged $1,200 for items that they did not even have.  Are you feeling my pain?  And on top of this I was hangry.


This went on for an hour.  I was making myself sick.  Then I decided to take action.  I put on one of my podcasts from the Demello Spirituality Center.  I listened to the soothing tone of his voice.  I took in his thoughts.  I realized that I was worrying about things that I could do nothing about.  He said that I should not let it touch me.  I should not let the concerns stick to me.

He talked about how if you throw black paint up into the air, it doesn't make the air black.  We are the same way.  Things only have the power to effect us when we let them.

My breathing slowed.  Peace returned.  Later that day, the issue was resolved.  No wonder Jesus told us not to worry.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.

No comments: