Monday, June 2, 2008

Cancer Awareness Sunday

I can't say that I enjoyed the theme, but I was thankful for the opportunity to celebrate with our survivors. I was also surprised by the grief that I experienced during the 5pm service. It has been 13 years this July 17th that my Mom died. Mom lasted for 3 months after her diagnosis.

Anyway, yesterday, I was very proud of the Pams. I thought the walk was awesome. The luminaries were very neat. During the closing, a butterfly lit on my shirt and lingered for a while.

Let us continue to pray for those who have cancer. Let us rejoice with those who are in remission or are cancer free. Let us thank God for the gift of every person, and every day. Let us take nothing for granted.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every sunday in our church is special. Some more overwhelming than others...when Pam asked the questions and had folks stand as it applied to them and very quickly the entire congregation was standing..was one of those "moments" I managed not to break down crying but the tears filled mine and I"m sure many others eyes...not from sadness so much as the joy of the healing grace of God and how he's worked in Pam's life and so many others...in our church. I wonder if other people feel gifted to just be in Pam's presence...they must..there is something so special about her. There are few people like her. We are blessed to have her and so many others with us. I truely believe God works in our church I feel his presence as I'm sure everyone does the minute I walk through the doors from the outside world..into his. That was a powerful day I won't forget. I am so thankfull I found this group of people. My life is so much better because of so many at Woods Chapel.