Monday, June 23, 2008

yesterday's sermons

Well, I heard that Clay did a great job yesterday. Jesus left the 99 to find the one. Hmm... maybe it's not about me. Be sure to say thank you to Clay.

Yesterday, I went to another local United Methodist Church for the 830 service. The lead pastor was not there. The associate who was preaching apologized to me that I would not hear their "best" guy. Well the sermon that I heard was awesome. The pharisee and the publican. Great stuff. Stuff I have been thinking about. I was actually going to use that passage when I ended up in the hospital. Read it. There is much to think about there. You will find it in Luke 18:9-14.

Later I went to the 11am service at another UMC and heard a great sermon on "the lilies of the field do not worry." This preacher delivered the message without a single note, and it was awesome.

Never take for granted the ability to sit in church and worship. To just soak up whatever is going on with no worries. To take it all in and relax. I usually do not get to do this, but I got to do it yesterday. It was wonderful. Thank you for the opportunity.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff . . . while we always miss you when you are gone, Clay AND Kris were both wonderful . . . good music, good prayers, and good sermon. WCC ROCKS!