Monday, February 13, 2012

everything is alright

Everything is alright.  When my father died, I thought the world had come to an end. It didn't.  When I lost my friend, I thought the world had come to and end.  It didn't.  When my child was in trouble I was at my wits end, as if the world had come to an end.  It didn't.

Sometimes, we have to let ourselves grieve.  But then sometimes, we have to get a hold of ourselves.  Trusting God is about trusting God in spite of the circumstances.  Trusting God does not mean that we trust God so that we can get the circumstances to change more to our liking.  Trusting God means that we lean on him and let him be our strength.

When we focus on him and not our problems, we are reminded of a very big truth.  Everything is alright.  This is our Father's world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know God didn't allow you to have these speed bumps in life, just so you could minister to us. But God bless you for talking us through these lessons of life, during times when your load is heavy.

Susan R. said...

Jeff, I needed to hear this, right now. Thanks for the support.