Tuesday, February 28, 2012

thinking about the same things all the time

Do you find yourself thinking about the same things all of the time?  I guess I do.  My brain seems to be stuck on gratitude, joy, perseverance, restoration, forgiveness and the like.  Now that I get them down on paper they look like pretty good things to think about.  I want to work hard to have good relationships and restore the ones that need help, and I do need help.

What do you like to think about?  Do you have trouble controlling your thoughts?  Every moment that we think about something negative, we cannot be thinking about something positive.  We can only think about one thing at a time.  Let's work on, let's practice thinking on the good things.  Worrying less.  Trusting more.  One moment at a time.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One thing I'm drawn to think about is the fact that God doesn't make junk. I think about finding something good, and something unique in every human being.

I love a story told by a former pastor, several years ago. It goes like this: Back in the time of small towns, when all the men would gather in the morning and sit and visit outside the general store, a group of men was visiting one morning, when the town bum (maybe even town drunk) walked by. Let the criticism begin. After belaboring his bad traits, one of the men spoke up and said "yeah, but he sure can whistle good." God help me to see the good in others.