Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm sorry

Yesterday I did something wrong.  I hurt someone's feelings.  I just wasn't thinking.  A "no" came out of my mouth that left someone feeling left out.  It was wrong.

Here is the good news.  I realized this by their reaction and I apologized.  I apologized again later in a more personal way.  I sent an email to those in the meeting, apologizing again.

We are all going to do things from time to time that are wrong.  Sometimes we may feel like we don't want to say we are sorry, but we just have to do it.  We just have to swallow our pride and say we are sorry.  Healing begins there.  The only thing that helps us turn a corner after being wrong, is to apologize.  If you need to do it, you know it.  Go for it.  You will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This doesn't have anything to do with today's post, but just wanted to say that tonight's Ash Wednesday service was especially nice. I am so glad we do this.