Monday, February 27, 2012

make it personal


Yesterday a friend shared a verse from the bible that he carries in his heart. One day while in study he decided to put a twist on this verse and make it more personal. The changes were simple but very effective. Using (my for your), (I for you) and so on as noted in italic it becomes very personal. Reading it this way may just may change the way you see today and your relationship with your Savior...it did for me.

Colossians 3

2Set my mind on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For I died, and my life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is my life, appears, then I also will appear with him in glory.

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to my earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[b] 7 I used to walk in these ways, in the life I once lived. 8 But now I must also rid myself of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from my lips. 9 Do not lie to others, since I have taken off my old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. 11 Here there is no Gentile or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in me.

12 Therefore, as one of God’s chosen holy and dearly loved, I clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with others and forgive others if I have a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave me.

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: