Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,

It's Father's Day and I miss you.  I remember it seems like just yesterday, you were 54 and I was 24.  Now I am 54 and you are in heaven.  Wow, the time has gone by so fast.  I wonder if the rest of my life is going to go by this quickly? 

When I was 24 I was so full of my self.  You used to always say, "some day, you'll understand."  Well, I wish I knew then, what I know now.  I would have appreciated you a whole lot more.  Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for all that you did and all that you were/are.

I wonder if sometimes God would like to say to us questioning humans, "some day, you'll understand."  I am reminded of the words to an old song..........

There is coming a day, when no heart ache shall rise.
No more clouds in the sky, not more tears to dim the eye.
All is peace for ever more, on that happy golden shore.
What a day, glorious day, that will be.

Until then, it is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a great Dad, Jeff. Happy Father's Day to you. You've done such a good job that I think your kids already understand, but will understand even more, with time.

Enjoy your special day.