Saturday, June 30, 2012

politics

I am going to rant for a moment.  I am sick of politics.  I am going to stop watching the news.  It is all so very hateful. 

This side, that side, we are the good ones, you are the bad ones. 

It makes me sick to my stomach.  So, from now on, I am not going to worry about it all.  I am not going to read the 30 emails I get from people each day with some cute little story that turns into who the good ones are and who the bad ones are.

Life is good, life is short.  I am turning the news off when it starts to sound political.  In an election year, I guess I won't be watching much news.  Thats fine with me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world when we understand that this is God's world, not ours, not the Democrats or the Republicans. It is God's world, and that makes it a beautiful day.   Be sure to see the good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just got through saying this for many of us. I wonder where our kids who are growing up are supposed to look for good mentors today. They certainly can't look at Hollywood, Sports, or Political people. My best hope is that they grow up with good parents. And unfortunately it's not the good parents who make the news the most, so it's hard to guage that.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

Sharon said...

Good for you. This may sound awful to most people, but I never watch the news. I usually find out what's going on in the world from other people that do. And the really sad thing is, what they tell me usually isn't even important or what I would consider "news"--it's depressing, or scary, or just disgusting sensationalism about some celebrity or issue that doesn't concern me or you or anyone else in the world.

Yep, I stick my head in the sand so to speak. Or the Bible--which I did this morning on the deck with a cup of coffee. I got the "good news". ; )