Sunday, July 1, 2012

the box

Sometimes when we talk about a box, we talk about the box that people put God into.  Today I want to talk about a different box.

The box that is you.  Draw a box on a piece of paper and ask yourself, "what is in the box?  what are the elements, the parts, the characteristics of me?"   For some, this exercise in itself will be a little eye opening.  To think that a person can actually look at themselves and see what they are made of?  If we are honest with what we see in our box, we may not be that proud of it all.

So what is in your box?  maybe things like this.......
1.  I want to love people
2.  I am in a hurry when I drive
3.  I get hurt easily
4.  Life is basically good
5.  I rarely get a fair shake.
6.  I trust God
7.  I am mad at God

Those are random things, some of which are probably mutually exclusive, but you see what I mean.

Now here is the second question.  How does something get into your box?  How do you decide to let it in?  How do you decide to kick something out?  Wow- you mean we can do that?  Yes you can.  You can look at yourself and choose to be different that what you might naturally be.  We can choose the things that we want to add to ourselves, and the things that we want to get rid of.  It is not easy, and it does take time, but everyone that wants to change can do so.  It begins with really seeing who we are.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love following your blog, because you are such a thinker. And you have such a great mind to think with. Thanks for taking the time to share today's. Good post. Good exercise.