Tuesday, July 17, 2012

one little voice

Sunday morning I am walking from my car to the church.  I park a long way away, as I know that most of you do, so that visitors can park closer.  There is nothing going on in the parking lot on Sunday morning, but I hear a really loud bird.  The song of this bird is filling up the entire north lot.

I go to find him.  On the top of a light pole he sits.  a little tiny guy.  A little tiny guy with a very big song.  When I tried to take his picture, he flew away.  You may not be able to see him in my picture, but he is there.

How big are you?  How big is your song?  Most of us feel small and insignificant.  But you know, some wonderful songs come from small things.  Why not open your mouth and sing for God.  SMILE, LIVE, LOVE.  Let your light shine.  You are not a little insignificant thing.  I'll bet that your song is bigger than you ever thought.  Let it out.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: