Wednesday, July 4, 2012

80 cents

So I am waiting in line at a convenience store.  The woman in front of me is taking forever.  I am being really patient, then I get nosey and sneak a peak so see what she is doing.

She has five visa cards  or debit cards, each of which are supposed to have less than a dollar on them.  She is trying to use them to buy a two litre of coke.  She is 80 cents short.  She is pretty upset about this and tries to get the cashier to let her go.  He tells her that he cannot.

I catch his eye and nod my head.  I will cover the 80 cents.  She turns to me and says, oh no.  You dont have to.  I insist.  She is embarrassed, but takes the money and the coke, and leaves.

I am trying to imagine what life is like when you need five almost used up visa cash cards to buy a two litre.  There are people in our community that really need help.  I would rather help one too many, than to pass by those that actually do need help.  I think that God wants us to have a heart for the needy.

17 If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him,(AR) how can the love of God be in him?  1 John 3:17
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: