Monday, July 23, 2012

suit and tie

Someone asked me recently if I had sold all of my suits and ties.  :) No, I still have them.  I explained to them that a shirt with tie can get pretty uncomfortable in warm weather.  Add a jacket and Sunday morning gets pretty miserable for me.  Pity the pastors who are wearing ministry robes in this heat!

So I have opted for a more casual dress for the hot weather.  When things cool back down, my ties will reappear.  I hope that is ok with the congregation.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only hope this person meant this in a positive way, as in it's so ridiculous to expect pastors to wear suits and ties, especially in this weather.

If it was a somewhat snide remark to remind you that they expect their pastor to wear a suit and tie ever Sunday, that person needs to enlarge their mind, and enlarge their focus.

Furthermore, I like it that people can worship at Woods Chapel in whatever feels comfortable and be good stewards by not investing in something they wear only once a week.

Casually dressed pastors make me feel at ease, so I just listen to what they share.