Monday, July 2, 2012

politics 2

Occaisionally I strike a nerve.  I was very appreciative of some of the comments on the post from Saturday on politics.  It looks like there are a lot of people that think the way that I do.  That is a bit scarry.

By the way, spell check isn't working lately on the blog so forgive my mis-spellings.

Here are some of the comments on politics:

1. You just got through saying this for many of us. I wonder where our kids who are growing up are supposed to look for good mentors today. They certainly can't look at Hollywood, Sports, or Political people. My best hope is that they grow up with good parents. And unfortunately it's not the good parents who make the news the most, so it's hard to guage that.

2. This may sound awful to most people, but I never watch the news. I usually find out what's going on in the world from other people that do. And the really sad thing is, what they tell me usually isn't even important or what I would consider "news"--it's depressing, or scary, or just disgusting sensationalism about some celebrity or issue that doesn't concern me or you or anyone else in the world.  Yep, I stick my head in the sand so to speak. Or the Bible--which I did this morning on the deck with a cup of coffee. I got the "good news".

3. i agree with turning it off. i have tuned it out and turned it off. i don't listen to sports talk either.... can't stand any of it.....so i am uninformed i guess...lack opinions on matters or the world...but at least i am not bitter and twisted and hateful and therefore i can be there in full for family and friends....

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: