Friday, June 1, 2012

Honest about fear

I really don’t want to write this blog.  I really don’t want to tell you this.  But I must, so here goes.  Lately I have been aware of a new friend in my life.  His name is fear.  Fear for my children.  Fear for job security.  Fear for the future.  Fear of rejection.  Unknown, undescribed, indiscriminate fear.

I don’t know where it has come from.  Maybe watching the news on TV.  I know that God has not given us a spirit of fear.  I know that fear is counter productive to living a life of Joy.  So, I fight it.  I push it aside.  I acknowledge it and I ignore it.  I refuse to dwell on it.  I use every weapon in my arsenal to overcome it.

It still keeps showing up.  I don’t like it, but I wanted you to know, because I think some of you may feel it too.  This doesn’t make us bad Christians, it just makes us human, and honest ones at that. 

Chin up Jeff.  See the good.  It’s a beautiful day in God’s world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't life be better if we could just sell this stuff we don't want, in a garage sale, like we do material things?

But like you allude to, it probably wouldn't sell very well, because others already have plenty of fear and just aren't open enough to admit it like you are.

Glad you're hanging toughm even when it's hard. One thing on your list not to fear is job security. You've got it!!