Thursday, October 11, 2012

anything that I want

If I could spend one day doing anything that I wanted, I would wear blue jeans and tennis shoes.  I would be off work and no emergencies would arise.  I would get up at 5:30am and feel great.  I would spend the morning doing things that I love.  I would plant flowers, mow the grass, vacuum the car, ride the motorcycle, paint the house, build a shelf, and get the mail.  I would catch up and complete every project that is open around the house.  I would eat watermelon for breakfast, a tuna sandwich for lunch.  I would be by myself all day because everyone else would be at work.  My kids would come over for dinner and we would grill chicken and peppers and onions.  Mmmmmm.

I might read a book in the afternoon.  Some friends might stop by for a bit and visit.  I would be friendly and say hello to everyone that I met during the day.  I might help a kid in the neighborhood with their bike after school.  I would certainly take a nap at 4pm.  After dinner we would play a game- maybe the "game of things."  It would be 70 degrees all day.  I would fall into bed at 10pm with a feeling that it was a great day, that sense that it is great to be alive. 

Someone asked what I would do on a day if I could do anything that I wanted.  Now you know.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love this post. Thanks for sharing it. A reader catches the relaxation and enjoyment of the day, just by following you through the day, in thought.

It's so obvious that you are just plain in love with life, as long as you're on this earth. And we already know that your in love with the life to come, after time on this earth.

Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like retirement