Friday, October 5, 2012

friendships continued

If you pinned me down, about my best friends today, I would surely leave someone out and  hurt their feelings.  So forgive me for that.

There are so many people that I love at our church.  Many of you I think of often, and fondly.  We may have never shared a hamburger, but I love you so much.  A great example of this is Phil Hart.  Man I love that guy. 

Another guy I dearly love is Lions Den Man.  He does not know this, but over the last two weeks I have thought of him every day.  Not sure why.  I need to call him.  He is the best.

Ok, friends.  P, D, M, H, J, S, C, J, R, LDM, K, S, T, DJ, B, T, H, J, R,M, B, L, A, F, M, G, T, D, A, W, B, D, and on and on I go.  You can see that I have won the friend lottery.  I am the most fortuante human being.  I am the most fortunate pastor.  I have canoed with these guys, played softball, bowled, rode on pontoon boats, listened to music, talked about life, ate pizza, laughed and cried.  Oh, the value of a friend is the most precious thing that a person can have.

I will also tell you that I am friends with my children, Alli, Jenny and Scott.  I love them so much.  Their friends come over and I love them as well.  I don't see them much but when the girls college friends come over, we always have such a great time. 

If you have a friend, count yourself as blessed.  If you have more than one, smile, because life is very very good for you.

It's a beautful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for taking the time to write about this, this week. Where would we be in this world, without friends? They help cushion us from the jolts of this life, and provide so much enjoyment in the times when the jolts aren't as pronounced.

Anonymous said...

Not only you won the lottery; i know you don't like to hear it, but each and every one of the friends you've mentioned this week have won the lottery as well. I have never met a finer human; one that admits his faults, but shares them, so his congregation knows he's human. You continues to strive to be the best you can be! You are a wonder friend!