Saturday, October 6, 2012

I have your back

Someone apologized to me the other day because they were involved in a legal action against someone who had not paid them in their business.  No need to apologize.

First of all, I understand that sometimes legal action must be taken to get people to do the right thing.  That is why the court system is there.

Secondly, as a friend, I have your back.  All of you, I have your backs.  I am not going to judge you.  You may have faults, we all do.  I may, in the course of living life with you, find out about your faults.  And you will surely find out about mine.  I am not going to condone everything that everyone does, nor do I expect you to condone my faults.  However, I will accept you and love you and support you, warts and all.  I will never focus on the bad or uncomfortable things.  I will only focus on the good.  This is the gift of friendship.  This is the grace that God shows to us.  And if God can love us and support us warts and all, then we need to give the same to each other.

There is never a reason to apologize to me for being human.  Last time I checked, I was one too.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: