Tuesday, October 9, 2012

rock in the house


Sunday, as we walked into the 10:10 Sanctuary Service, we watched as Adam started in on a tune from the late Stevie Ray Vaughn. Wow, SRV at a church service! I was not so much surprised as I was filled and moved. A while back Kevin K. let his hair down by singing a little Supertramp and a year or so ago U2 was played to close out a service...So what does this mean? Maybe not much to you, but for me at least, it was great to hear music that stirs the (my) soul... I admit I am more of a secular music fan than a Christian one. Something about the stories hidden inside some of the that music really moves me. The stories of the broken person, the artist, who found something to grab hold of or someone perhaps, who was able to help pull them out of the muck and mire....I like stories like that... they are everywhere. I guess it is that message of hope that is there for all who are lost....

Peace,
Lion's Den Man

No comments: