Wednesday, October 17, 2012

quiet

It's gonna be getting real quiet around here.  Alli moved out a year and a half ago.  Scott left a year ago.  Jenny is moving out this weekend, into an apartment near Town Center.  That makes us officially empty nesters.

Last night while she was upstairs packing, I'm sure she was singing and feeling very excited.  I was down stairs fighting off that melancholy feeling.  I put on a western.  I love westerns.  Sometimes a good way to move yourself past your feelings is to find a good diversion.

Change is inevitable.  At least she isn't moving far away.  Sometimes it is easy to see the good.  Sometimes, we have to work at it, even if it means acclimating to things that make us feel funny.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what you get when you play country (western) music backwards? "I Got My Car Back, I Got My Wife Back...."

Well at least you got your wife back (in off the road and travels) before Jenny takes the grown up road of the excitement of independence. If Cathy was still traveling, your house would really be quiet.

You and Cathy can settle in this winter, pop some popcorn, and watch Westerns together.