Tuesday, October 8, 2013

golf cart rides

So a couple of weeks ago it was Oktoberfest in Lees Summit.  A friend asked me if I could help move some golf carts from the John Knox Village maintenance shop on Pryor into downtown Lees Summit.  They needed them for the weekend event.

I got an image in my head of the old cartoon the "Banana Splits."  They were on Saturday morning, right after the Monkees.  They rode around in golf carts in the beginning of each show.  Gosh does that date me?

So six of us had a golf cart race across town.  Down Pryor to O'Brien, on O'Brien across the tracks to the Downtown Methodist Church and then south to the chamber


building.  I got out to a quick start, but due to a slow cart I came in 4th place.  It was however a wonderful way to spend 30 minutes on a nice cool morning.  Always glad to help the chamber.  Maybe the church could have a golf cart race sometime.  That was fun!

It's a beautiful day in  God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: