Monday, October 28, 2013

life

Sometimes life brings you a cruel dose of reality.  Sometimes it is my own doing, sometimes it is beyond my control.  It is important when such moments come to you that you don't focus on who is to blame.  If I must take some responsibility for what happened, then that is fine, but that is different that placing blame.

When times are tough, it is not constructive to kick yourself or others.  What is needed is hard work and prayer for a better day.  At the end of every moment of despair, God is still there.  He understands.  He has faced some difficult things too.  We are not alone in our struggles.

The level of a person's mental health is directly related to their ability to see the good even in difficult times.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Jeff, do you find that these setbacks almost always come at times when life seems so good. Whatever the dose of reality is made of it just kind of ruins those good feelings about life that preceded it.

To be real honest, I don't know how it works with you, but when life is feeling really great I'm thinking "ought oh, I can just be sure that something is going to come along to spoil the totally relaxed and happy state of mind I'm in." And as life would have it, it usually does.