Saturday, October 19, 2013

old friends

Sometimes I think of old friends.  I tried to catch up to one last year.  I had a good lead.  He was busy.  That's ok.  I don't normally use the full name of anyone in the blog, but in case they ever google themselves, maybe we can rekindle a friendship.  If you know where any of these people are, tell them that they are thought of fondly by Jeff Brinkman.

Mark Stanton [San Jose, California and Glen Ellyn Illinois]
Mark Flammer [San Jose, Calif]
Robin Dominick [San Jose, Calif]
Dallas Moore [Bethel, Ohio]
Vic Heister [Bixby, Oklahoma]
Tim Marcum [Lebanon, Mo]
Roger Grout [Princeton, Mo]

I have been blessed over the years with many friends.  It is sad when you lose touch.  I hope they are well.  I hope that you are appreciating your friendships.  To have a friend is treasure indeed.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post hits a kindred nerve with me. Losing track of friends, whose closeness seems like only yesterday, is sad. I pray that your post will help you have a fresh encounter with one or more of these people.

You are such a compassionate friend to others that I pray this blessing is returned to you.

This past week a number of people lost a dear friend in the auto accident that took the life of the 30 year old woman from Blue Springs/Prairie Village. The only consolation I can find in this is to thank God that he allowed her friends to cross paths with hers while she was present here on earth. I'm thanking God for that same blessing, that you at least got to enjoy the friends you mention, for a time period in your life. And who knows whether you may get to share time with them again. Hope so.