Thursday, October 17, 2013

Princeton and Mercer

Princeton UMC [could not find a pic of Mercer]
I spend three wonderful years as the pastor of two wonderful churches in Northern Missouri, Princeton and Mercer.  Because the Bishop does not want us to disrupt the ministry of the new pastor, we are not supposed to go back to former churches.  Consequently, over the last 19 years I have not been back.  Until a week or so ago.

I was afforded the blessed chance to visit with some of the leaders of Princeton and Mercer.  I drove up there with a couple of staff and their District Superintendent.  So I had permission to be there.  We will be working with the churches together on a program over the next few months.

What an amazing blessing it was to see several members that I have not seen for so many years.  Wonderful people who have loved and served their church and are still doing it.  I was so pleased to see them.  It made my heart feel good.

I am a lucky  man.  A fortunate man.  A blessed man.  I have known so many great people in my life.  It is great to catch up with some of them again. 

If you see an old friend this week, hug their neck.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I know how deeply WCC is embedded in your heart. I have often wondered what your church life will be like someday when you retire. Do your comments mean that you will not be allowed to attend at WCC when you retire?

I can understand where the Bishop is coming from, in not wanting to make it hard on a new pastor, if the old one is present. This is particularly true when a pastor is outstanding and much loved as you are.

Always a new thought provoking question out there isn't there.

Anonymous said...

It looks the exact same!

-Alli