Friday, June 27, 2014

comparing

I was surprised when I entered the ministry by how many Pastors love to talk about how good they are doing.  I have always found it annoying.  I don't think the point of ministry is to put others down.  In the ministry of Christ, we are all co-laborers.  It is not my ministry, it is the ministry of Christ.   The apostle Paul wrote-

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
2 Corinthians 10:12

There will always be some churches larger and some churches smaller.  Some more, and some less healthy than yours.  Don't compare, just stay on mission.  We cannot make this life about us for we are all servants of Jesus Christ.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: