Saturday, June 21, 2014

favorite quote

I don't know why I love this quote, but I do...

Julius Caesar is leading his army in Gaul [France].  Part of them are crossing a river and part of them are setting up camp when they are attacked on three sides by an army of northern people called the Nervii.  Caesar was able to get a hold of the situation, fight them off and win the day.  When asked how he managed this situation while so much was going on, he simply said:

"Everything had to be done at once."

Sometimes my life feels like that.  You just do it.  You do what you have to do.  You face the challenge.  No complaining.  Get up and go.  I think that makes a huge difference not just in the outcome, but in how a person feels about their living.  We cannot be dominated by difficulty.  It may not go away, but we keep pressing on toward the goal.

Sometimes we rest.  Sometimes, everything has to be done at once.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: