Saturday, June 28, 2014

tips

I recently stayed at a hotel overnight.  I have never seen this done before, but the ladies that clean the rooms left a nice note.  I have attached a picture.

I never met them or saw them.  This kindness on their part was, I am sure, a kindness in hopes of making a tip.  I am ok with that.

Although I never worked in an industry where people get tips, all three of my children have done so.  I have left tips my entire life, but when you know someone that is a server at a restaurant, you tend to leave more. 

One of my pet peeves is when people are mean to the servers.  It usually is not their fault that the food is late, and besides, they are good people who need someone to love them.

We leave 20% at a restaurant.  I left the cleaning ladies $5.  I should have left them more.  To hoard one's wealth causes the heart to shrivel.  To live a generous life brings daily joy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good tip about this.