Friday, February 13, 2015

Oil change

I got up early to get my oil changed.  I was there 4 minutes before the place opened.  No one was there.  I wondered if I got the opening time wrong.

Finally at 7:02 a man came out and told me that they would not be opening on time because employees were late to work.  So I sat in the car for ten minutes.

When I was ushered inside, I was told that there was no coffee made yet, and that all the magazines had disappeared.  I said, "no problem."

The employees all seemed to be unhappy and discouraged.  When it was time to pay, I stepped up to the counter and noticed the music coming through in the waiting room.  It was Matt's Redmond's 10,000 reasons- they were listening to Christian music.  Late, discouraged, no time to make coffee, they were listening to Christian music.

I am not sure what to make of that.  I hope they were having an off day.  Surely if there are 10,000 reasons to bless the Lord, then we can take some of the joy into such mundane places as the work place.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: