Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Who gets in?



Who gets in?

People ask me all the time, “who gets into heaven?”  The idea is if someone doesn’t believe it just like we do, will God let them into heaven?

Well, who has it just right?  Orthodox Christians do not believe the trinity as we do.  They believe that the Son and the Spirit proceed from the father.  Do they get to go to heaven? 

I have heard people say that Jews don’t get in because they do not believe in Jesus, yet Jesus referred to several of the patriarchs as being in heaven.

James indicates that belief is not enough, that one must live in a way that shows their faith.

In the sermon on the mount, Jesus said that not everyone who says to me “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom.

I tend to think that those who act like they know the most about who is getting in, actually know the least.  I think many will be surprised about who has joined them at the banquet table in heaven.

Anyway, I am glad that I am not in charge of who gets in.  Only God will say to a person, “well done, good and faithful  servant.”

It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: