Sunday, February 22, 2015

skipping church

Do you ever want to skip church?  Ha ha.  Its human nature.  Even preachers want to skip church sometimes.

Here is the problem with skipping- What ever happened that morning at church, you have missed it forever.  A joyful moment, a learning point in Sunday School, the hug of a friend, a song that was a blessing, those moments for that day, are gone forever.  We traded them for more sleep, some TV, a project, or who knows what else.

I think all of us have forced ourselves to go to church when we didn't want to, and then we were glad later that we had gone.  Sometimes all we need to do to find a blessing, is to put ourselves in the path of the Holy Spirit.

I do a lot of things that I don't feel like doing.  Usually I am better off in the end because I did.  If you don't feel like going to church, that's ok.  Go anyway.  I bet you will be glad that you did.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: