Saturday, February 14, 2015

war

A song from the sixties shouted:  "War.  What is it good for?  Absolutely nothing, say it again."

Personally, I am tired of wars.  We have been in way too many of them in my lifetime.  Almost every time, we are not told the entire story by our leaders.  The end result is civilians killed, soldiers killed and because our battlefield medicine is so good, many wounded  warriors.

I hear on the news that we are talking about doing more in Ukraine.  That means that we probably already are doing something in Ukraine.  These stories always start out with a bang and then fizzle along the way.  Did you know that the United States is the world's largest supplier of weapons?

I remember watching the casualty reports from Vietnam on the nightly news.  Pictures of the young men who died in a far away land, liberating the world from communism.  Lost.  Gone for ever, lives snuffed out before their time.

Why cant we just get along?  When Jesus returns, he will turn the the swords into plows and there will be no more war.

Now, lets apply this to our family and friends for a moment.  Why hate?  Why argue?  So what if they are different than I am?  Live and let live.  Everyone does not have to be like me and we can't fix everything.

When I stop trying to fix everything I finally have a chance to really live in God's world.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: