Saturday, April 18, 2015

choice

We should celebrate the gift of choice.  To be able to choose where to live.  To be able to choose who you hang around with.  To be able to select a church.  We have so many choices.  We take this for granted I think.  We almost act like we are entitled to the freedom and power that choice gives us.

You have choices about who you are and who you will become.  Are you happy with how your body looks?  It's your choice.  Usually people who get plastic surgery are still unhappy with how they look.  To make a choice about something also requires that you adjust to and put up with the associated issues.  I buy a small car, it is underpowered.  It comes with the territory.  You marry a person, for better or worse.

Will you get an education?  your choice.  Will you be nice?  your choice.  You may have grown up in an angry home but you can choose to be different.  Contentment is a choice. 

Who do you wish to become?  Take the first step.  It's your choice.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Sista Whitney said...

Ah... choices!
So… the Kingdom Experiment has my brain taking me in a certain direction regarding choices…

And I'm only talking about the MATERIAL choices here… but because of all the choices we have… it's overwhelming. I'm realizing that I'm overwhelmed by the choices… causing me to be under-whelmed by the IMPORTANT things in life. I spend 15 minutes trying to figure out what I want when I go through drive through, It takes me 20 minutes to figure out what I want when I'm standing in front of those cool pop machines that will mix any flavor you want! I always have to order last when I'm with people because someone else might choose something better than I did and I'll have to change my order. I spent DAYS deciding what color to paint an old headboard I bought at a garage sale and months choosing the color of our house.

I made up my own 'experiment' last week. I gave up my 'choices'. Throughout this study, if/when I go out to eat- I'm picking the first thing off the menu. period. (well, if the menu starts with off with fun drinks… I will move on until I get to the food)
;-) And, I'm not going grocery shopping until the food that I currently have is gone. I've had the same food in my pantry for 2 months and continue to go grocery shopping for more stuff. I haven't gone to the store for almost 2 weeks, and I've barely made a dent…

I want to be OVERWHELMED by love- OVERWHELMED by God's grace- OVERWHELMED by the world God created!!! I'm done being overwhelmed by all the material choices that take my focus off LIVING life.

Anonymous said...

Always good thoughts Jeff, in what you share on your blog. To take the subject of "choices" up one more notch. Choices is another way you spell life. From the time we awaken until we go to sleep at night, our minutes, hours and days are nothing more than a series of choices, one right after another.

God loves us so deeply, and more than we can possibly fathom. And he surely desires that our moments be filled with good choices.

So glad you brought up this subject.